6 Reasons Why Social Media Marketing for B2B Rules
By now, most B2B companies should know that they need a strong social media presence to grow their brand. Not only do 84% of U.S. adults claim to have at least one social media account (University of Phoenix Survey), but also more than half of B2B buyers are actively using social media for prospecting.
We have gathered a few, six to be exact, B2B social media marketing facts and stats that further highlight the importance of B2B social media marketing.
How B2B buyers use social media
1. “55% of B2B buyers say they search for product or vendor information on social media.” (Meltwater)
2. Buyers use LinkedIn (61%), Blogs (58%), Youtube (54%), Facebook (50%) and Google + (46%) to learn about products in the initial learning process. (Demand Gen Report)
3. “85% of B2B buyers believe companies should present information via social networks.” (Pedowitz Group)
It’s not enough for companies to have a strong website presence or to mostly rely on traditional marketing assets. B2B businesses need to be present and active in all the different social touch points where potential buyers are searching for them.
How B2B marketers use social media
4. Only half of B2B marketers are active in social media on a regular basis. (Meltwater)
5. “B2B companies that blog generate 67% more leads per month than those that do not blog.”(Openview)
6. “64% of B2B marketers have generated leads via LinkedIn, 49% through Facebook, and 36% through Twitter”. (Pinpoint Market Research)
With only half of B2B marketers maintaining a steady social media presence while B2B buyers are actively searching for them in those channels, clearly there is a missed opportunity here for many B2B companies. B2B marketers must have a comprehensive social media marketing strategy and be mindful of the different social media platforms and their potential to generate leads. If buyers say they use YouTube and Google+ for their initial search, B2B marketers must set up the right type of data, visuals, CTAs, and links to ensure that leads come through from those platforms. With a comprehensive social media marketing strategy in place that covers all the necessary social media platforms to connect brands with their audience, B2B companies can augment their brands’ reach and overall value.