Digital Marketing Internship Program
Interns are extremely helpful to our business and we try exceptionally hard to make sure that everyone who completes an internship with us learns a ton, is exposed to all facets of internet marketing, and feels like a part of our team. We also have a habit of hiring our interns, so in addition to enjoying a minimum of 20 hours per week interning, there could be something more in it for you. No matter what, an internship at Overdrive will expose you to a wealth of digital marketing knowledge and provide a great foundation for your professional development.
Throughout our program, interns will be assigned to a variety of projects: specialty-level work, blog authorship, competitive analyses, and a variety of other marketing initiatives. We set our interns on the path through a 12 week program that includes educational seminars and coaching interns on an internal project which they can proudly show on their resume.
Interns will report directly to the Overdrive internship supervisor, but will interact with all of Overdrive’s employees throughout the duration of the program.
Who Are We Looking For?
Those who succeed in this role are those driven to learn, and more importantly, help to improve on what they’ve learned. Ideal candidates are enthusiastic, proactive, hard-working, and above all else, passionate about learning about digital marketing.
Why intern at Overdrive Interactive?
We train our interns to become part of the team of expert digital marketers at Overdrive. Overdrive has hired more than half of its interns. So, while getting in the door might be a little harder, once you’re in, you are viewed as a critical team member and an integral part of the agency’s future.
What you will learn:
- Basic understanding of all specialties within digital marketing
- Depending on specialty focus, intermediate knowledge of: Search Engine Optimization, Paid Search Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Display Media Marketing, Account Management
- Essential and advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- How to interact and coordinate with clients
- How to prepare client deliverables
- How to interpret channel analytics to make relevant suggestions and recommendations
- And much more…
- Juniors, seniors, recent grads, or graduate students are highly preferred
- A minimum GPA of 3.0
- Available a minimum 20 hours per week
- A genuine desire to learn about digital marketing
- A willingness to expand beyond one’s comfort zone
- A proactive, positive attitude, and an ability to work in a team
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Highly organized and able to multi-task under tight deadlines
About Overdrive Interactive
Overdrive Interactive is a full-service online marketing agency based in Boston that helps clients grow their businesses with engaging and measurable online media, social media and search engine marketing campaigns and services. Overdrive clients include Harley-Davidson, Dow Jones, John Hancock, EMC, Progress Software, AAA, Akamai, Vistaprint, FedEx and Liberty Medical. For more information, please visit https://www.ovrdrv.com/ or our Facebook page
Hours can be flexible to work around a school schedule for the ideal individual. This is an unpaid internship for college credit and experience to transition onboard full-time.
Please send cover letter, resume, and availability, to email@example.com. Please put “Overdrive Internship Program” in the subject line.