Overdrive Interactive is a Boston-based digital agency with a unique blend of strategic, media, creative and technical services that truly represent the model of what most agencies are striving to become in today’s competitive environment. Employment at Overdrive means having the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment providing some of the world’s leading companies with the cutting edge online marketing programs they need to succeed and grow. Our team members get their heads around online advertising, search marketing, social media, mobile, digital creative, analytics and more – all the things marketing and creative professionals need experience in to thrive in today’s ever changing marketplace. Want to know more? Check out our site at www.overdriveinteractive.com
An internship at Overdrive Interactive is a foot in the door. We train our interns to become expert interactive marketers so they can work for our company. So, while getting in the door might be a little harder here, once you’re in, you are viewed as a critical team member and an integral part of the agency’s future. The Intern’s duties will encompass all aspects of web development, from start-up (design, functionality, coding, mark-up writing, and testing) to routine maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Provide daily development support for the Marketing Department.
- Conduct development research for clients, as needed.
- Work with database systems including MySQL.
- Work with off-the-shelf and open source CMS systems such as SharePoint, Drupal and WordPress.
- Work on projects including web layout enhancements, desktop applications, website enhancements, web-based applications, and database-backed websites.
- Test company websites with multiple browsers in order to maximize traffic capabilities.
- Senior undergraduate currently enrolled in a college or university.
- Understanding of cross-browser issues and W3C standards.
- Knowledge of PHP programming language.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Self-motivated to explore new technologies and programs.
- Ability to work efficiently, both independently and in team environments.
- Able to devote 15-20 hours per week at Overdrive.
- Education and experience industry standards in website development and content accessibility.
- Analytical, creative and willing to experiment.
- Ability to deal with uncertainty.
Hours can be flexible to work around a school schedule for the ideal individual. This is an unpaid internship for college credit and experience to transition onboard full-time.