Integrated Lead Generation Campaign
Dominate Local SEO with Overdrive
If your brand has any local presence, local SEO must rank high on your list of digital marketing priorities. The vast majority of US disposable income is spent within 20 miles of home, and 90% of purchases take place in physical stores. That makes optimizing for local search critical to profitability.
In the past, ranking for local SEO was fairly uncomplicated. But as Google’s algorithm evolved and Google’s Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs) incorporated more local features, nabbing the top spots for local SEO now involves a more complex process.
Overdrive, a full-service digital marketing and local SEO agency, provides comprehensive services for local SEO strategy, keyword research, rank analysis, content development, conversion rate optimization, and much more, providing the expertise and bandwidth that in-house SEO teams need to dominate local search rankings. From medical and insurance marketing to retail marketing for national or regional businesses with local presence, Overdrive is a trusted eCommerce SEO partner.
Ultimate SEO Dashboard for CMOs – Video & Slides
Do you want to know what SEO elements you should be keeping an eye on? Learn how to create an SEO dashboard that will captivate and educate you to reveal the true value and ROI of SEO.Access Now
Paid Search vs. Local SEO
Given the ease and specificity of conducting paid search campaigns for local keywords, many organizations wonder whether optimizing for local organic search is worth the time and effort. Local SEO efforts take several months to produce significant results, while paid search can begin generating results almost immediately.
At Overdrive, we view both local SEO and paid search as vital to driving local traffic. Paid search is effective, but it can be far more costly than organic search. Additionally, many users will avoid the ads that appear on their SERPs and are more trusting of organic search results. Together, local SEO and paid search campaigns will deliver more value and synergy than either approach alone.
Search Marketing Map
Wrap your head around Organic and Paid Search the latest Search Marketing Map. Updated with 26 categories that account for 281 of the best sites, tools and resources of today.Access Now
Local SEO Ranking Factors
In local SEO, page ranking is determined on a number of factors. The following list is roughly ordered in importance, with the top factors having more weight than the factors lower on the list.
- Link Signals, including Inbound anchor text, linking domain authority, and linking domain quantity.
- On-Page Signals, including using keywords in titles, a page’s domain authority, and the presence of name, address, and place information.
- Behavioral Signals, including a page’s click-through rate, the number of mobile clicks to call, and social media check-ins.
- Google My Business Signals, including categories, proximity, and keywords in the business title.
- Citation Signals, including the volume of citations and the consistent use of name, address, and place in aggregator databases.
- Personalization of web pages for local search.
- Review Signals, including the quantity, velocity, and diversity of reviews.
- Social Signals including level of engagement on Google, Facebook, and Twitter.
Authorship to Authority
Learn the SEO best practices you need to know to be a successful content developer who strengthens business presence using authoritative content.Access Now
Techniques for Improving Local SEO
Improving local SEO involves a large number of tasks related to technical criteria on websites, incorporating citations, optimizing content, generating positive reviews, and developing a location-specific social media presence. Several of the most important techniques for improving local SEO include:
- Claiming and optimizing a Google My Business Account, enabling Google to authenticate your business as legitimate and improving your presence on SERPs.
- Developing a system for generating and managing positive reviews from customers on Yelp or Google.
- Optimizing for mobile search and local voice search – customers increasingly use voice search on mobile devices to perform a local search, requiring organizations to optimize for more long-tail keywords that reflect the conversational quality of voice searches.
- Developing content based on local events, activities, and news.
- Creating location-specific About Us pages that contain unique content for each location.
- Boosting presence in online business directories like Foursquare, YellowPages, MapQuest, Yelp, and others.
- Increasing the number of high-quality backlinks by creating high quality content that others will link to, by engaging with local influencers on social media, and by publishing guest blog posts on websites with high domain authority.
Overdrive Services for Local SEO
Like all aspects of organic search, mastering local SEO involves a myriad of skills and tasks that may be difficult for any single SEO specialist or department to deliver. Overdrive, a leading firm for search marketing based in Boston, provides local SEO services that complement the in-house capabilities of our clients with the bandwidth and expertise they need to move forward on local SEO initiatives. Our services include:
- Strategic local SEO planning and consulting
- Customer, category, and keyword research
- Local SEO marcom stack deployment
- BrightEdge Partner support
- Local rank and competitive benchmarking and analysis
- Ongoing security, compliance, code reviews, and recommendations
- Google Analytics, Search Console, and Google Tag Manager audits and management
- Link tracking, preservation, and reclamation
- Content development, gap analysis, and strategy
- Yext local search listing management
- Voice search optimization for local search
- Mobile search optimization for local search
- Search feed optimization
- Website audit and assessment
- Conversion rate optimization
- Local SEO training for corporate PR, social, and content developers
What is local SEO?
Local SEO, or local search engine optimization, is the practice of increasing a business’ visibility on search engines for local target audiences. Where traditional SEO may be geared for target audiences anywhere in the world, local SEO has more location-based specificity and is essential for businesses with one or more local footprints.
Why is local SEO important?
As many as 80% of consumers use search to find information on local businesses, making local search extremely important for local brick-and-mortar stores and for regional or national businesses with local footprints.
What tools do you use to measure local SEO?
Some of the most helpful tools for managing local SEO include:
- Moz Local
- Local SEO Checklist
- Screaming Frog
- Schema Creator
- Google Adwords Keyword Planner