Social Crowdsourcing Campaign
Social Media Marketing Strategies
How to Craft Better Social Media Marketing Strategies
It takes sophisticated social media marketing strategies to cut through the noise on social. Social media marketing has become a central and indispensable part of an end-to-end marketing program. But as social platforms continue to innovate, your social media marketing strategies must rapidly evolve as well to outpace competitors for attentions, likes, and shares from your targeted audiences.
The right social media marketing strategy will reach your audience with never-ending streams of relevant content they care about, produced and maximize traffic, actions, leads, and sales. While the goal is simple, the formula for achieving it is complex and constantly changing. That’s why so many companies turn to Overdrive Interactive for social media marketing strategies that deliver higher engagement and ROI in B2C and B2B social media marketing.
Social Media Map
The latest Social Media Map from Overdrive Interactive provides a snapshot of the evolving social media marketing landscape. View the map online or download it as a PDF with live links to more than 471 sites, apps, and tools broken down into 25 categories.Access Now
Overdrive’s Approach To Social Media Marketing Strategy
We’ve developed a proven methodology for creating social media marketing strategies. This four-step process, Extend – Embrace – Engage – Optimize, guides our clients through a comprehensive approach to building social media strategy and campaigns that deliver significant results.
- Step 1 – Extend
The first step to create a successful social media marketing strategy is to make a plan for extending your presence to all relevant social platforms.
- Create new social profiles or relaunch existing ones.
- Optimize profile descriptions, features, and content to reflect branding and social media objectives.
- Ensure copy reflects best practices for SEO.
- Step 2 – Embrace
The second step in successful social media marketing strategies is to identify ways to increase likes, followers, subscribers, and opt-ins, and to reach out to potential influencers.
- Conversions – number of leads created
- Conversion Rate – the number of leads as a percentage of clicks
- CPL (Cost per Lead) – the average cost of acquiring a lead
- Step 3 – Engages
The third phase of Overdrive’s social media marketing strategy is to build compelling content that engages your audience on each platform.
- Produce content that is relevant and useful to users and that encourages them to engage with your brand and share content with their networks. Content can include social posts, blog posts, articles, infographics, videos, and more.
- Develop social stories – collections of content that is related by theme and that can yield a series of posts that promote repeat user engagement.
- Join conversations taking place under existing hashtags.
- Develop contests, promotions, and giveaways to increase engagement.
- Use paid/promoted posts to boost impressions.
- Integrate SEO best practices into all content.
- Step 4 – Optimize
Successful social media marketing strategies use metrics to constantly refine and revise tactics to improve engagement and drive results. Overdrive uses Social Eye, an end-to-end reporting platform, to track critical metrics and create dashboards that provide continual visibility into social site traffic, leads, and revenue. Important metrics include:
- Which content performs best with each audience.
- Numbers of fans, followers and likes.
- Numbers of comments, shares, and retweets.
Social Media Marketing Strategies for Each Platform
Each social media platform has different audiences as well as its own strengths and appeal for connecting with them. Knowing how to exploit the benefits of each platform and what kind of content works best on various platforms is one of the most important aspects of developing effective social media marketing strategies. Here are several brief recommendations for how to approach each platform.
- Audience: Facebook has more than 2 billion users, making it the largest social channel, and 41% of Millennials use Facebook every day.
- Content: Videos, live videos, blog posts, and high-quality curated content are especially effectively at engaging users. Videos uploaded to Facebook directly (rather than through YouTube links) receive higher engagement.
- Audience: Twitter has 328 million active users each month and is an ideal platform for connecting with customers. It is especially effective as a customer service channel – brands that have a dedicated twitter handle for customer service see 10x engagement over brands that don’t.
- Content: News, blog posts, and GIFs are the most effective types of content for this platform.
- Audience: Instagram has 800 million monthly users and is popular with Millennials and Gen Z – more than 60% of Instagram users are between the ages of 18 and 29.
- Content: Visually rich posts with high-res photos that showcase product lines and brands are effective here, as are motivational and inspirational quotes. Instagram Stories and geo-targeted content help to boost engagement.
- Audience: Pinterest has 200 million monthly users and is highly popular with Millennials. 80% of Pinterest users are women, though the number of male users is growing. A majority of pinners use the platform to shop for products.
- Content: Pinterest’s vertical format makes the platform suitable for posting vertical images and infographics. Step-by-step photo guides are especially effective at engaging users.
- Audience:Snapchat has 375 million monthly users and reaches 41% of 18 to 34 year-olds.
- Content:Geotags, lenses, and other interactive features help increase brand exposure and engagement.
- Audience:LinkedIn has 250 million monthly active users, though only 3 million share content on a weekly basis.
- Content:Professional content, job listings, and company news are the most appropriate forms of content for this platform.
Marketing Minute Video: The Power of the Social Media Share – Going Viral
When it comes to social media marketing, everybody thinks about getting the Like, or how many Facebook Fans they have. But, social media marketing is not about the Like or the Fan, it’s about the SHARE! Watch Harry J. Gold, CEO of Overdrive Interactive, explain the power of the Share!Access Now
Improve Social Media Marketing Strategies with Overdrive
At Overdrive, we realize that successful social media marketing strategies require more than a branded channel on YouTube or the occasional sponsorship placed through Facebook marketing firms. To engage your audience where they live on social media, you must build a genuine and lasting presence that embeds your brand in the places your audiences gather every day. You must generate never-ending streams of content they care about, and constantly measure traffic, actions, and sales to optimize your social media marketing strategies.
Our social media marketing services for developing strategy can help you to:
- Identify the prospects, customers, influencers, businesses, and media contacts you want to target with social content.
- Determine the platforms that are most appropriate for communicating with each audience.
- Create a plan for building compelling content that will reach and engage each audience on each platform.
- Develop a strategy for increasing fans, followers, likes and, most importantly, the number of shares and retweets that can exponentially increase your visibility.