Lead Generation Campaign
Local SEO Strategy
Improve Local SEO Strategy with Overdrive
A local SEO strategy is a must for any business with a local footprint. While traditional SEO may help to increase page rankings for general searches, local SEO can boost a company’s rank on SERPs for the vast number of consumers who use search to connect with local businesses.
However, as the ground rules for local SEO strategy continue to evolve, staying on top of best practices – and outperforming the competition – can be difficult for SEO teams that are managing thousands of keywords and optimizing hundreds of webpages.
Overdrive, a full-service digital marketing and local SEO agency, provides local SEO strategy services that complement the capabilities of in-house teams, helping to develop an approach to local SEO that enables companies to compete effectively for the keywords that matter most.
Becoming a Marketing Engineer – Webinar Slides & Video
Today, in order to be a great marketer, one must truly become a Marketing Engineer. Learn how all the best practices and platforms we use come together to create a marketing infrastructure, customer journey and sales funnel.Watch the Webinar
Why Local Search is Important
A local SEO strategy is critical to profitability. Consider these statistics:
- More than 95% of PC owners conduct local searches, and 50% of local mobile searchers are looking for business information.
- 50% of people who perform a local search on their mobile device go to a brick-and-mortar store within a day.
- 78% of local searches on a mobile device result in off-line conversions.
- Roughly one-third of searches on a mobile device are conducted just before a consumer arrives at a store.
- Local directory marketing, one aspect of local SEO strategy, has a higher conversion rate than traditional approaches to advertising.
Search Marketing Map
Wrap your head around Search Marketing with the latest Search Marketing Map. Updated with 26 categories that account for 260 of the best sites, tools and resources of today. The Search Marketing Map helps marketers quickly become better marketers.Access Now
Essential Elements of Local SEO Strategy
Much of local SEO strategy is paying attention to detail – making sure that you have checked all the boxes on comprehensive lists of best practices that will steadily but surely increase your page rankings.
There are, however, several major themes in local SEO strategy that require extra focus – and the expertise and insight of experienced SEO specialists. These include:
- Optimizing your Google My Business profile, adding photos, videos, virtual tours, news, offers, events, and all pertinent details.
- Getting listed in the hundreds of business directories that consumers used to find local businesses.
- Managing your online reputation by actively seek customer reviews on Google, Yelp, and Facebook to improve your online reputation.
- Developing backlinks from authoritative websites by publishing on websites for well-known publications and by producing high-quality content that will get shared on authoritative websites.
- Improving mobile SEO, as consumers often use mobile devices to search for local businesses, products, and services.
- Optimizing for voice search and the types of questions and phrases that users search on when using voice-activated assistants – these searches tend to include more conversational text requiring optimization of long-tail keywords.
Marketing Minute Video: The Secret to Content Marketing in 2 Minutes
Matching the right type of content to audience pain points and distribution channels is the key to successful content marketing.
Discover the four cornerstones of great content with Harry J. Gold, CEO of Overdrive.
Local SEO Content Strategy
Your local SEO strategy must include plans to develop content optimized for your local presence. This may include:
- Landing pages for each location, office, or branch.
- FAQ pages that incorporate answers to the kinds of questions mobile searchers typically pose (which tend to use different syntax than searches typed into a web browser).
- Offers for location-specific discounts and specials.
- Hosting or sponsoring local events and making sure the details are posted on social media and on your webpages.
- Maintaining an active blog on local trends, developments, tips, news, products, and other location-specific topics.
- Developing local “Best of” lists for local attractions, businesses, events, and resources.
- Generating local media coverage of your business, products, and/or services.
- Developing case studies about local clients.
- Interviews with local customers, business leaders, or community leaders.
Ultimate SEO Dashboard for CMOs – Video & Slides
Break through the clutter of weekly and monthly reports by learning the KPIs that are most important.
Harry J. Gold, CEO of Overdrive, shares some of Overdrive’s SEO dashboards that dazzle CMOs and makes heroes out of SEO pros.
Overdrive Services for Local SEO Strategy
A leading digital and search marketing firm based in Boston, Overdrive provides strategic marketing services for SEO and a wide range of other digital marketing disciplines. Our team of SEO specialists has deep expertise in creating local SEO strategy for enterprise clients. With Overdrive, clients get access to a broad variety of SEO skills and experience that no single in-house SEO team or department can provide. Our services for local SEO strategy include:
- Strategic planning and consulting
- Customer, category, and keyword research for international markets
- Advising on selection of local SEO tools, and deploying and integrating them with an SEO marcom stack
- Preparing content development strategy
- Developing plans for optimizing mobile, voice, and video search to support local SEO strategy
- Developing plans for Yext local search listing management
What is international SEO?
International SEO is the task of optimizing a website so that search engines can understand which countries and languages a webpage is targeting. The goal of international SEO is to improve ranking on search engine results pages (SERPs) for webpages that target international audiences.
Why is international SEO important?
International SEO is critical for any company that targets markets in other countries and other languages. While a webpage for a product that target U.S. audiences in English may rank highly in a Google search, the same content targeting audiences abroad and in different languages will not automatically achieve the same search results. International SEO practices are designed to help companies improve search engine rankings for webpages that are targeted to international markets.