Lead Generation Campaign
Boosting Ecommerce SEO Results with Overdrive
Search engine optimization, or SEO, is one of the most important ecommerce marketing tools for any business selling products and services online. Ecommerce is an incredibly competitive space and cutting through the noise to gain visibility grows harder each year. Because most B2B and B2C buyers start their buying process by performing a search on Google or another search engine, ecommerce SEO is critical to reaching, nurturing, and converting potential customers and outperforming competitors.
Overdrive, a leading digital marketing and ecommerce SEO agency, offers comprehensive SEO services that can augment in-house capabilities for companies seeking the guidance and hands-on expertise of an eCommerce SEO partner.
5 Digital Pillars of Ecommerce
There are countless factors that can drive success when it comes to an ecommerce or omni-channel organization, but when it comes to your digital marketing there are 5 you have got to get right. Watch as Harry Gold reveals these 5 channels and some simple tactics you can use right now to boost ROI within those channels.Access Now
Managing the Ecommerce SEO Process
Ecommerce SEO can be daunting, especially for websites that feature hundreds or thousands of product pages. When the task of optimizing your eCommerce website seems overwhelming, Overdrive recommends a process that includes:
- Prioritizing pages by focusing first on the pages they get the most traffic, the pages that feature flagship products, or the pages for products that are most important in terms of owning a category, competing with other companies, driving profits, or building a brand.
- Creating a workflow to efficiently manage the many details of ecommerce SEO, such as keyword selection, adding metadata to pages, optimizing content, etc.
- Surpassing the competition by reviewing competitors’ SEO efforts, determining which keywords they’re optimizing for, and working to outperform them.
- Roughly one-third of searches on a mobile device are conducted just before a consumer arrives at a store.
- Focusing on conversion rate optimization (CRO) by testing CTAs, offers, copy, and design, and by reducing any friction in the conversion process.
Search Marketing Map
Wrap your head around Search Marketing with the latest Search Marketing Map. Updated with 26 categories that account for 260 of the best sites, tools and resources of today. The Search Marketing Map helps marketers quickly become better marketers.Access Now
Strategies for Enhancing Ecommerce SEO
Overdrive’s ecommerce SEO specialists provide expert advice and guidance on best practices that can help to improve SEO results and drive greater ROI. Best practices may include:
- Accelerating site speed. Website performance and load times are critical measurements for any eCommerce business, and for eCommerce SEO especially. When pages are slow to load, potential customers become frustrated and will abandon their search for a competitor’s site. Additionally, Google’s algorithm prioritizes faster sites when ranking results.
- Optimize for mobile search. With Google’s new mobile-first index, mobile-friendly pages will rank higher on SERPs. For eCommerce web design, that means using buttons that are the right size for fingers, navigation that is easy to manage on small screens, and responsive design that delivers a consistently superior experience on any screen size.
- Optimize content. Delivering an exceptional ecommerce experience means providing content that not only includes compelling product descriptions and beautiful photography, but lots of reviews to help users make purchase decisions and copy that is optimized for critical keywords.
- Use video. Featuring video on a landing page can boost conversion rates by as much as 80% , and a website with video is more than 50x more likely to reach the front page of Google. Video increases dwell time on a website, signaling a higher value to search engines and increasing ranking on SERPs.
- Eliminate site errors. Broken links, 404 pages, and errors in site map files are real obstacles for consumers when searching for the products and services they want. Eliminating barriers and distractions to conversion is critical to improving eCommerce SEO results.
- Encourage customer reviews. Customer reviews add third-party credibility while influencing search rankings.
- Enable Rich Snippets and Knowledge Graphs. Google’s Rich Snippets and Knowledge Graphs provide content such as price, availability, and review ratings right on the search page. Having this kind of visibility on SERPs ultimately improves clicks and conversions.
- Use breadcrumbs. Breadcrumbs on a webpage make it easier for search engines and customers to understand the relationships between products and product categories, improving both the user experience and search engine rankings.
- Use the right URLs. When you create short URLs that are easy for users to read, your rankings should improve as accessibility matters to search engines like Google.
- Cultivate influencers. Backlinks are essential for competitive ranking on SERPs, and pages that establish online authority by cultivating links from influencers may help to significantly improve results.
- Keep site architecture simple. Every page should be three clicks or less from your homepage to avoid having the authority of your pages and your search engine ranking diminish over time.
Ultimate SEO Dashboard for CMOs – Video & Slides
Break through the clutter of weekly and monthly reports by learning the KPIs that are most important.
Harry J. Gold, CEO of Overdrive, shares some of Overdrive’s SEO dashboards that dazzle CMOs and makes heroes out of SEO pros.
Overdrive Services for Ecommerce SEO
While implementing the strategies listed above can help to improve eCommerce SEO, choosing Overdrive as an SEO partner will help you reach your desired results much faster. As a leading B2C and B2B marketing agency, our team of seasoned SEO specialists has deep experience navigating the complexities of ecommerce SEO and can help you quickly optimize efforts and integrate technology to achieve measurable results.
Our ecommerce SEO services include:
- Ecommerce marketing strategy, planning and consulting
- Customer, category, and keyword research
- SEO marcom stack deployment
- BrightEdge Partner support
- Rank and competitive benchmarking and analysis
- Ongoing security, compliance, code reviews, and recommendations
- Google Analytics, Search Console, and Google Tag Manager audits and management
- Link tracking, preservation, and reclamation
- Content development, gap analysis, and strategy
- International SEO language and country planning
- Local search optimization (Local SEO) and Yext local search listing management
- Voice, video, and mobile search optimization
- Ecommerce marketing strategy, planning and consulting
- Search feed optimization
- Website audit and assessment
- Website migration/relaunch/consolidation/acquisition strategy and approach
- Conversion rate optimization
- Corporate SEO training for PR, social, and content developers
What is Ecommerce SEO?
Ecommerce SEO, or ecommerce search engine optimization, is the task of optimizing websites, webpages, and web content to make eCommerce offerings more visible on search engine results pages (SERPs). Ranking highly on search engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo is essential for eCommerce success, as buyers rarely click on links past the first three pages of search engine results.
Why is Ecommerce SEO important?
Consumers tend to perform online searches to research products and services before they buy. They may be looking for product information, comparisons, reviews, or any other data that can help them make an informed decision. Products and services that don’t rank highly on SERPs are less likely to be found by consumers as they search, while ecommerce sites that have high search rankings are more likely to gain buyers’ attention and move them along the sales funnel.