Tracking, dash boarding and analytics are not just for online marketers anymore and from what I hear 08 will be the year of the “Dashboard.” We here at Overdrive are all about Dashboards and they are central to everything we do!
Below are some facts I just sent to our client Jim Stern who puts on the eMetrics Summit. (The premier tracking and analytic event!)
Here are some stats and facts I read regarding the propagation of tracking, reporting and analytics propagating through organizations:
DM News 1/7/2008, Page 8 in the Data Bank:
Adoption of technology in teleservices
– 15% of organizations currently use dashboard-type analytics software
– 64% of organizations plan to use dashboard-type analytics software
Source: Aberdeen Group
Excerpts from AdWeek CMO Survey:
-Vowing to plow more into e-mail programs, CRM, marketing-performance measurement “dashboards” and search-engine marketing, half of the respondents plan to increase their overall spending, while 37 percent of marketers expect spending to remain even, and 13 percent expect a decrease.
-“On the one hand, the CMO focus on accountability and measurability and fact-based decision making is improving their position in the executive suite,” Murray said. “On the other hand, it is too early to say that we’ve seen a turnaround in CMO vulnerability or status or longevity.”
– On CMOs’ wish lists for 2008? More than half (53 percent) want better quantification and measurement of their programs, followed by a desire for better customer insight and more efficient and effective marketing.”
– Quantification is still the No. 1 goal,” said Murray. “But overall there is greater focus on getting close to the customer.
– It’s not that it wasn’t on the radar screen a year ago, but now CMOs are making marketing decisions based on customer insight with marketing analytics.”
The CMO Council study was co-sponsored by Deloitte, Marketo and TechTarget.